The Royal Castle
Welcome to the Royal Castle in Stockholm and the Old Town. The Royal Castle is one of the largest in Europe with more than 600 rooms and is used every day by the King and Queen as their office together with a large number of employes at the Royal Court.
There are a number of different things to See and Do when you are visiting the Royal Castle, regardless if it is your first visit or not. In the menu to the left you find a number of headlines about the Royal Castle, please read the prats that interest you the most.
Since the Royal Castle is of such high interest we have put together below a complete list of what you can find at our Web Site concerning the Royal Castle. If you put them all together its the most complete source of information available with the exception of special written book. Please note that if you choose a subject on a another part of the Web Site, like under Information of History, you will be transferred to that part of the Web Site with its specific menu system etc.
What you can See & Do at the Royal Castle:
Information, "info", about the Royal Cstle and the Royal Family:
- The people who works at the Royal Castle
- Cross section images of the Royal Castle and all its floors
- Secret room and paths
- Information and facts about the Royal Castle
- The Outer and Inner Court Yard, Slottsbacken and Logården
- The King and Quenn and where they work
- The 4 façades of the Royal Castle
- Ghost and legends
- Whats going ot at the Royal Castle a normal year
- Vaults, Gates and Staircases
History about the Royal Castle from the 13:th century until today:
- The Kastal, the first fortification.
- Stockholm Hus, the first Royal "Castle"
- The Castle Tre Kronor
- From Stockholm Hus to the Royal Caslte Tre Kronor
- Tre Kronor, the Medival Royal Castle
- Tre Kronor, the Renaissance Royal Castle
- Tre Kronor on fire
- The Tessin Royal Castle (the present Royal Castle)
- The different proposals
- The building of the Royal Castle
- The completed Royal Castle
- The rebuilding of the Royal Castle
- The colors of the Royal Castle